Monday, February 9, 2009

Week 30 Update

I posted to the blog too early this morning. Around lunch time my doctor came by and said that after he reviewed the ultrasound that the blood flow to Twin A's placenta is actually worse. (Technically it's called diastolic reverse blood flow for all you medical folks.) So now they have me hooked up to the fetal heart rate monitors 24 hours/day so they will know immediately if Twin A starts to experience any kind of distress. I panicked at first but my mom was able to calm me down and distract me today and then Michael joined us after work.

I am quite a site with the monitor bands velcroed around my belly and carting all the wires along with me to the bathroom every hour. At one point I said I felt like a beached whale and Michael couldn't help but chuckle and remind me of the beached whale on the Oregon coast (circa 1980s?) that ODOT exploded. It's on U-Tube if you haven't seen it.

I am staying positive and every day the babies stay in the womb is another day towards a healthier delivery.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Renee & boys! The blog was a great idea, but I hope you don't mind me bothering you with an occasional phone call.
    Take care - Janina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Renee...I'm so sorry for the not so great news! But you are in the BEST place possible right now & those little guys are going to be fine--I just know it! SOO glad your mom is there---mom's can sometimes be the ONLY thing that will help in rough, emotional times like this! I think of you and those little boys LOTS!

    ReplyDelete