Friday, February 6, 2009

Week 29- Day 5 (Feb. 6)

I had normal blood pressure readings last night and at 6 am. Woo hoo!

We did learn this morning that I will definitely be in the hospital for monitoring through Monday, which is when the next ultrasound will take place. It takes a while for the steroids to kick in so they want to wait to measure the babies’ growth until then. Keep your fingers crossed! Grow little Twin A!

I must say that I have been enjoying bed rest at the hospital and am in very good spirits. I have not had a headache since Sunday. Most of my swelling has gone down. My fingers are still tingly, but my hands are not in pain. And best of all I have been getting good sleep (thank you Ambien!). I am reading, watching TV, playing on my laptop, chatting with visitors and friends and family on the phone, and most importantly getting rest! So all in all maybe it is a mixed blessing that I am in the hospital. I’ll do anything to make sure the boys are born healthy!

We appreciate all the warm wishes, words of encouragement, and offers for help we have been receiving. My mom is looking at flights and is likely going to fly in from Houston on Sunday and stay for a few weeks to help us out. ; ) Gotta love Moms!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling good! The ladies here at the office want to help in any way possible..and if not given a task, I may just force myself upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Renee- So glad to hear that you are doing a bit better and in good spirits! Look at you blogging away from your bedside! Thanks for setting this up. I look forward to checking it often. I'm glad you are getting good care and rest- St. V's is awesome- aren't they just great there? Let me know if there is anything we can ever do. Take care- good luck to you, Michael and the twins, Melissa Maciejewski (and fam)

    ReplyDelete