Sunday, May 11, 2014

Anti-social?

Tyler wanted to take me to his Mother's Day party at school on Friday afternoon. Michael knocked off work early to take care of Daphne and Tyler and I got to the party about 5 minutes late. Tyler refused to go in his classroom but I dragged him in anyway. Then we followed everyone outside to hit a pinata. Tyler and I stood at the very back and Tyler kept telling me he wanted to go home, even though 2 of his best friends came over to say hi and one of them gave him a hug. Tyler didn't want to hit the pinata and didn't scramble for any of the candy. I finally got Tyler to tell me what was wrong. It turns out that he was very upset that we were late to the party. Have I mentioned that he is competitive and for him last is not an option? I tried to explain to Tyler the "better late than never" saying without any luck. I finally relented after about 20 minutes and we headed home. Tyler has always been shy (at first anyway) but that's the first time I have seen him freak out like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment