Sunday, July 11, 2010

First Favorite Book: "No, David!"


My friend Teresa, who is a children's librarian, recommended the book "No, David!" (by David Shannon) and so we checked it out from the library a few weeks ago. Tyler LOVES this book! I love it because I hope it's teaching Tyler to stay out of trouble- like how you shouldn't stand on a chair to reach a cookie jar on a high shelf or play baseball in the house. Of course it could also be planting ideas in his head of things to try! The book was due on Friday so I returned it. Every time we sat down to read since I returned the book Tyler looked around for it and whined when we didn't produce it. Since he loves the book so much I bought him a copy today. Tyler was so excited! We must have read the book to him at least 6 times today, sometimes twice in a row in one sitting because he kept requesting it. Even though it is not a board book, I am impressed with how well Tyler helps turn the pages without ripping or folding them.

No comments:

Post a Comment