Monday, December 23, 2013

Shopping

For the most part the kids are a nightmare to take shopping these days, regardless of whether I am by myself or with Michael. I think they are even worse when I am by myself. Tyler and Daphne constantly squabble about what we should get, who gets to hold what, who gets to help push the cart, who gets to ride on the cart, etc... Daphne is a wild card- she hates being strapped into carts but won't stay close and obey me if I let her walk. So often I let Daphne walk until she misbehaves and then her punishment is being strapped into the cart, at which point she cries very loudly and we get lots of stares. On a recent trip to Target Daphne picked up a storage bin off the shelf, dragged it the length of an aisle, and then climbed inside and sat down. She screamed loudly when I retrieved her.

Sometimes Tyler and Daphne actually get along, like the photos below from a recent Home Depot trip. They still had their rowdy moments during this trip but for at least a little while they played inside the cart and giggled.


No comments:

Post a Comment