Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Daphne vs. Tyler Styles

Michael and I have had a nice hiatus from the kids crawling into our bed in the middle of the night. However, both kids joined us this past week. They have very different styles to their approach.

Saturday night: Daphne stepped up to the platform base on our bed right next to me. Then she hoisted herself up on to the bed landing right on top of my stomach (this is what alerted me to the fact she was climbing into bed). Then Daphne settled between Michael and me like it was the most natural thing in the world.

Last night: I awoke to Tyler tapping me on the shoulder repeatedly. He didn't say anything but I knew he wanted permission to climb into bed. I asked if he wanted to climb in and he nodded yes. Then he gently climbed up and over me before snuggling up next to me.

Both kids did give a very contented smile after settling into their sleeping spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment