Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Daphne's 1st Birthday

We headed to the Houston Zoo on Daphne's first birthday although it was one of the coldest days of our entire trip.

Martha, Damon, Bryce, Sonia, Noah, Daphne,
Michael, Tyler, Andrew, and Lydia


First carousel ride- Daphne wasn't quite
sure what to think

A birthday snooze with
PawPaw at the helm

Tyler and Noah helped make chocolate chip cookie cake and
they both added some noise to try to drown out the mixer.
We waited until after dinner to do cake and ice cream and all the kids (except for probably Hazel) were near their melting point. Just prior to singing Happy Birthday I think Daphne and Damon were crying, Tyler and Noah were screeching, and all of the noise upset Hazel who started to cry too. But they all perked up with the singing and of course the eating of the cake.

Our precious birthday girl

I guess I'll take a little nibble of some cake...

Yummy! Can I eat the plate too?

I think I'm going to need a bath!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment