Monday, September 24, 2018

Pet Fish?

Last month we visited a local animal shelter with the cub scouts. Our pack donated dog and cat toys the kids had made and the folks at the shelter gave us a tour. Tyler and Daphne would both love a dog and asked for one while at the shelter. Daphne particularly loves animals. I told Daphne that maybe we could get a fish. She has since mentioned it again but life has been more complicated since I broke my arm two weeks ago.

Fast forward to Sunday when we had our first girl scout meeting of the school year. Since we have some new girls, each girl introduced herself and had to say something about themselves. When they got to Daphne she squeaked, "My name is Daphne. And my mom said we could get a fish!" Then she wrinkled up her face, looked at me, and shook her fist in my direction. Everyone had a good laugh over that!

No comments:

Post a Comment