Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Potty Training

Daphne's preschool teacher got us all pumped up to start potty training. I told Daphne a while ago that she's not a big girl until she is potty trained. Recently when Michael's dad told Daphne that she is such a big girl she told him that she is still a little girl because she is not yet potty trained. Daphne also knows the difference between her daytime and nighttime diapers. I think she is ready.

We took the plunge on Saturday with the hard core diaper-free approach (except for naps and nighttime). Let's just say that I did a lot of laundry this weekend and I'm not yet optimistic about potty success. Although Daphne does like rewards mini marshmallows. And Tyler can be bribed with marshmallows to keep Daphne company while she sits on the potty and to sing to her. Daphne did really well at school yesterday and today and only had 2 accidents each day while at school. Yesterday after school Daphne told me, "I'm a big girl now!"

Daphne waddled up to me at Lowe's on
Saturday with her pants all wet and said, "I need
to go potty." I made her pose in their bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment