Sunday, November 9, 2014

Too Many Monkeys Sleeing in My Bed!

Lately one or both of the kids have been crawling into our bed in the middle of the night. I need to start herding them back to their beds but I'm usually too sleepy to muster the energy. I don't mind Tyler crawling in so much because he sleeps in the middle very peacefully. Daphne snuggles right up against me and gradually nudges me to the very edge of the bed. The kids are amused by the poem I wrote below to the rhythm of "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed".
Usually the kids wake up first but yesterday Michael and I snuck
out of bed to start getting all the gear ready for Tyler's soccer game.
And yes- I was sleeping between Daphne and the edge of the bed!
Too many monkeys sleeping in my bed
Daphne climbed in and pushed Mama towards the edge
Mama said, "Daphne go get back in your bed!"
But Daphne just pushed Mama closer to the edge

Too many monkeys sleeping in my bed
Tyler climbed in wearing black and red
Daddy got a pillow for his sweet little head
And Daphne pushed Mama even closer to the edge

No comments:

Post a Comment