Monday, June 30, 2014

Brother vs. Sister

Sometimes the sibling rivalry gets to be a bit too much! Tyler, who is way too competitive, is easily offended if we help Daphne do anything first. For example, if I help Daphne put a straw in her juice pouch first, Tyler will undoubtedly wail, "You never help me with my straw first!" as if I am constantly waiting on his sister hand and foot and he doesn't even exist.

Daphne, on the other hand, always wants what Tyler has. She constantly takes toys or stuffed animals from Tyler's room and claims they are hers. And if I give them each something, a snack for instance, she always wants whatever I handed Tyler even if they are having exactly the same thing. Daphne then cries and demands Tyler switch with her. And of course Tyler is stubborn so he refuses to switch, which is good since he shouldn't pander to Daphne's tantrums. But it would make life so much easier if he did!

Despite Daphne's love for all things Tyler this does not extend to music. Whenever we are riding in the car and Tyler says, "I like this song." about whatever is playing on the radio, 9 times out of 10 Daphne will immediately say, "I don't like it!" and pout.

No comments:

Post a Comment