Friday, February 17, 2012

Whew!

After having family in town helping out for 5 weeks through this past Sunday, I survived my first week alone with 2 kids! Everyone warned me that 2 kids is more than twice the work of one and they were not kidding. As expected I am sleep deprived and it is rare that I can take a nap while both kids are napping. Tyler is craving attention and I made a pretty good effort to have at least one planned activity every day (with friends or his 2 mornings at school). Tyler threw a number of tantrums this week and wants me to carry him around the house sometimes because he sees me carry Daphne all the time. It is also extremely hard to get out the door with 2 kids and arrive somewhere on time. And I thought I was perpetually running late with just one kid! Boy do I look forward to Michael's arrival home from work each night. But I know it will get easier and I will eventually look back and miss when the kids were little because it flies by way too fast. For now I am going to enjoy the chaos and take maternity leave through the end of April, at which time I will resume my 3-day a week work schedule.

1 comment:

  1. From Nana Hulett,

    I had two instead of three,
    Compared to that
    Two must be eeeeasy!

    But a few snoozes and rest
    are not so far away,
    As soon as they leave for school
    For a full day!

    ReplyDelete